I have been putting off applying for HEA fellowship for years. No idea why… there was always something more important to do or pioritize- like teaching, writing, other administrative tasks.
A Fellowship is awarded to professionals who can demonstrate they meet the criteria of Descriptor 2 (D2) of the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) for teaching and supporting learning in higher education. By applying to be a Fellow of HEA individuals are able to engage with a broad understanding of effective approaches to learning and teaching support as a key contribution to high quality student learning and demonstrate:
- successful engagement across all five Areas of Activity;
- appropriate knowledge and understanding across all aspects of Core Knowledge;
- a commitment to all the Professional Values;
- successful engagement in appropriate teaching practices related to the Areas of Activity;
- successful incorporation of subject and pedagogic research and/or scholarship within the above activities, as part of an integrated approach to academic practice;
- successful engagement in continuing professional development in relation to teaching, learning, assessment and where appropriate, related professional practices.
Since the start of 2022, I have been putting some time and effort into the application. I finally applied in April, and got the results yesterday – Congratulations to me! I finally have it.
More information on the fellowship can be found here.
A story about the fellowship.
|Throughout this submission your enthusiasm for teaching and putting your students at the heart of everything you do shines through. You clearly demonstrate engagement with pedagogic research and how this has influenced your teaching decisions, and throughout you show an understanding of your diverse student population whilst recognising them as individual learners. All Core Knowledge and Professional Values are demonstrated sufficiently and mapped against the Areas of Activity. You also evidence engagement in CPD and show a read understanding of how to apply what you have learnt in your teaching to the benefit of your students. This submission was a pleasure to read, and the evidence is sufficient to grant the category of Fellowship applied for.|